Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I'm sheila. I'm from a small town in east central Wisconsin. I have yet to get started on urban beekeeping The more I'm reading the more exciting I'm getting to start. I am looking for someone locally for me to learn from if possible. I hope to continue to learn for everyone on here as well before I get my bees!

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
There is someone from kiel on beesource. If you search "kiel" at the top it will show that person's name. Then, if you want to, send a private message. Welcome to beesource, this is consistently the best resource I have found.:applause: Don't forget to seek out your local bee club for hands on training, and I think there is a Dadant in Watertown Wi. for supplies. Adrian.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Hello and Welcome!

I'm sure you'll find this forum to be an excellent source of information about bees & beekeeping. Be sure to check out the "How to Start Beekeeping" subforum which has a lot of good advice for those just starting out.

Also, check your local library for any books & videos about beekeeping. Read, read read!

Lastly, get involved with a local beekeeping club. Clubs often offer beginning beekeeping classes, and are great places to find mentors and get connected with nearby beeks:
http://www.wihoney.com/LocalBeeClubs.html

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Welcome to Beesource. Good luck on your adventure with the bees. It's nice to see another Wisconsinite join in. Dcross is a member here and is in Kiel also.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts