Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i do.
i harvested my cut comb frames so i have a good amount of comb.
how long before it crystalizes in the comb.
any way to stop it? freezing?

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Keeping it frozen will do the trick. You should freeze it a couple days to kill wax moth larva anyway.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
here is a picture of the harvest.
i had 3 frame of cut comb to process.
the girls just stopped producing anything about a month ago in this hive??
the other one keep making honey, well drawing comb and making honey.

the super that had the cut comb in it was 50/50 cut comb/duragult, but the whole hive is duragult, they only drew the CC and ignored the DG once the CC super was placed on the hive. this was a hive i purchased local (SBB, Deep, 10 frames, IC, TC) it was doing way better than the package until july.

the other hive a package from georgia is now producing more honey then the local hive. the hive had the advantage of 8 drawn frames, i did take i frame of brood and 1 of honey from the local hive and added them to the package when i installed them this spring. but the have has one honey super on it and it is almost full. i was going to pull it but the bees were kind of testy so i left it for a different day.

the sweet rewards.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Beautiful! and very light. Is this considered "white" grade honey?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I put a good size chunk of comb in my mouth and bit down. I almost panicked. It almost took my breath. The honey had the inside of my mouth covered and I literally could not get my breath. Tasted great, but will take smaller chunks next time.

Mark

1 - 7 of 7 Posts