Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day in chat a few of us discussed juicing. I wondered if anyone had recipes to share? Here is one of my favorites. I try to drink this 3x a week. I feel so very good when I do!

Beet Juice
photo (2).jpg
(it makes much more juice than this, I just poured it into the smaller glass for the photo. My favorite drinkware is mason jars!)

1 small beet plus greens
1 apple
3 stalks celery
3 carrots
1 lemon plus peel
small piece of ginger ( I usually use a piece the size of the tip of my thumb)

Run through juicer. I prefer my produce to be chilled so the juice is cold. If chilled produce is unavailable, I will shake it and strain through ice.

·
Registered
7,080 Posts
Honey lemonade

16 parts water
1 part lemon juice
one part honey
Melt the honey in a small amount of warm water, add the juice and rest of the water.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Honey lemonade

16 parts water
1 part lemon juice
one part honey
Melt the honey in a small amount of warm water, add the juice and rest of the water.
NOW that's good stuff

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Meant to post this yesterday for St. Pats!

Green Juice
1 lemon plus rind
1 cucumber
1 green apple
2-3 stalks lacinato or curly kale
3 stalks celery
Handful spinach
Handful parsley or cilantro
Ginger to taste (optional)

Run through juicer and get ready for some awesome energy!

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Teal, if I had a juicer I would try your recipes, they look very good.

I made Odfrank's and is excellent! I drink it over ice, or pour a bit into hot tea.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Must be a universal preference...I do the same ones but without the lemon:) I love ginger in most things I put through the juicer.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My favorite

Butternut Squash (cut into at least the size of the apple, or to your taste)
one Apple
a couple Carrots
small piece of Gingerroot

If you have never tried a combination before, be on the safe side and juice them separately. Then mix to taste, that way you don't have a drink you have to choke down....

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I use my vitamix for different things. I mean, I make green smoothies, but I generally do not like carrots, beets, or apples in my smoothies. In my vitamix, I blend 2-3 cups of greens with a fruit or two, usually strawberries, blueberries, mango, or pineapple. Sometimes cucumber.

·
Registered
5,604 Posts
I usually use mine for fresh fruit smoothies too. You answered my question about how your recipe would be with a Vita-Mix. Some of the mixes I've tried with vegetable pulp included don't turn out so well.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I feel that sometimes it is a waste to juice, but I use the pulp in my compost so I justify it. I try to drink one juice, one smoothie, and eat one salad a day! I love green food!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts