Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After getting home from work here in the Hudson Valley, on the first warm(ish) and sunny day since I got my Buckfast nuc on Saturday, I walked out to see the bees, and what terrific activity! As I observed, many were stepping out of the hive through the holes in the entrance reducer, and buzzing off on their flights, and even more -- this being early evening, with the sun beginning to set -- returning home, and several that I saw were packed with pollen.

It's silly to apply human emotion to those gals, but they sure did seem joyous to be back on the job after a few cold, wet days in their new home. (They seemed almost as happy as I was, that is.)

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Yes! I live near you and what a glorious day it was indeed today....and my two 13-day old nucs in their two new hives were absolutely EXPLODING with activity today! It was truly awe inspiring to see their fervent activity. What a great feeling to see your own bees pouring out of the hives off into the world and then streaming back in loaded with pollen. :D
It was hard to tear myself away from the hives to get any work done today. Not so the bees, though! :p

1 - 2 of 2 Posts