Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

121 - 140 of 144 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
I am not sure that a lawn mower battery will have sufficient power to run the inverter at a 275 watt load from such a small battery as the volt drop under load could trip out the inverter. Then again what size in cold cranking amps is the battery as I have seen different sizes in lawn mower batteries. If i can find some spare time I could try it out and will let you know but I hope you are not in a hurry for an answer. Anyone else tried an Easy Vap with a lawn mower battery?

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
If you are using a pan type of vaporizer it draws around 13 to 15 amps and where the voltage settles does not matter, however for a band heater vaporizer the draw when heating would be around 23 to 24 amps and the inverter used is normally voltage sensitive. I f the voltage from a small lawn mower battery drops under that load the inverter may shut down, I say may as I do not have the battery specs and it all depends on the internal resistance of the battery as to how low the voltage will drop on a given amperage load. The smaller the battery the higher will be its resistance. Also a deep cycle battery will have a higher resistance than a cranking battery. This stuff all depends on the total surface area of the plates and the bigger the battery the greater the area of plates. Also as the band heater vaporizer draws almost twice the current of a pan type does not mean that it is less efficient just remember that it treats 5 times faster than the pan heater and also switches on and off during use.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Any recommendations for an Inverter to hookup to my car's battery to run the Easy Vap? Had to move some hives to
a new location that doesn't have any close AC powersources.

Thanks!

Jared

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
Blue Tick, once again demand is greater than production so I have a bout a 4 week waiting list. email me at [email protected] if you want to get onto the list. J2t most beekeepers use a 500 watt inverter clipped to a battery, your truck or whatever, these were available at Amazon for around $30 but cannot tell now as prices seem to be jumping up on most stuff.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Any recommendations for an Inverter to hookup to my car's battery to run the Easy Vap? Had to move some hives to
a new location that doesn't have any close AC powersources.

Thanks!

Jared
I believe it needs to be 750watts - peak 1500 watts.

My inverter handles the easy vap with those parameters.

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
I believe it needs to be 750watts - peak 1500 watts.

My inverter handles the easy vap with those parameters.
It should handle the load easily; the power draw is something less than 300 watts. Good to have some spare capacity but I question the 750 watt figure. Could that be a 750 Watt peak rating?

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
The Easy Vap and the Easy Vap Pro are both rated at 275 Watts but many inverters are way over rated so I doubt you will manage with a 300 watt inverter, you may get away with a 400 watt inverter but as the difference in price between a 400 and a 500 is not much and you can be sure that the 500 is heavy enough to do the job with some to spare so I would not go below 500 watts. If you have uses for a larger inverter you can use a larger inverter.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
There is a new model out specially for Canadian beekeepers called the throw away pro, special delivery by the Canadian postal services. You may like the new erganomic bowl but will probably dump the thing before you use it. mites will just up and leave home when they see you coming with it. thumbnail_IMG_7641.jpg thumbnail_IMG_7639.jpg

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
There is a new model out specially for Canadian beekeepers called the throw away pro, special delivery by the Canadian postal services. You may like the new erganomic bowl but will probably dump the thing before you use it. mites will just up and leave home when they see you coming with it. View attachment 56439 View attachment 56441
Looks like someone went postal on that delivery. :D

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
There is a new model out specially for Canadian beekeepers called the throw away pro, special delivery by the Canadian postal services. You may like the new erganomic bowl but will probably dump the thing before you use it. mites will just up and leave home when they see you coming with it. View attachment 56439 View attachment 56441
I think it would be safe to say that Postman is NOT a fan of President Trump's tariffs. ;)

Alex

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #137
Calling whoever is responsible for this not a fan is being very nice to them, I would call them something else that I could not print here. As for tarrifs it cost an arm and a leg to ship and I doubt I will get my fingernail clippings back.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
Once again I am at present totally overwhelmed with orders and enquiries so can those who are waiting for replies to their emails please be patient as we will get back to you as soon as we can. Deliveries on new orders may take as long as 5 to 6 weeks. Thank you all for your support and we are doing the best we can to take care of the orders.
Johno

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #139
At present I have so many orders outstanding that I cannot accept any further orders, I will re assess the situation in January 2021. I would like to thank the members of Beesource for the support that I have had over the past few years.
Johno

·
Registered
11,164 Posts
Nice going Johno, great product at a great price, made by a man who understands bees and knows his stuff.

121 - 140 of 144 Posts