Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made a jar feeder for my TBH, but I wonder can the holes be too small? I can shake water from them but it does not hold any kind of drip on the bottom when left alone. I am worried once I go to 1-1 it will be thicker... I know people say size of an ink pen point but that seems way to big. I am not even sure what to compare mine to they are so small way less than a push pin tack....

·
Registered
477 Posts
I used a very small nail/brad everything worked out well. A little bigger holes than a push pin, but they held vacuum.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
snl...... size of a straight pin is about what I have .... I was worried I would feed the new package and they not get the food due to hole size

Jerry

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
It doesn't matter much - water (as in not thickened with sugar) won't drip from a hole nearly the size of a pencil.

What makes it leak is temperature fluctuations or if the container is not level. Keep it level, and out of the sun and you won't have any problems.

Tiny drill bits break like glass BTW, and jar lids are so thin that you can punch a hole with a thumbtack.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts