Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hot water doesn't always remove it and I'm concerned about wax down the drain. Do you have a trick for removing beeswax? Mike

·
Registered
477 Posts
I clean up my wax utensils by putting them in boiling water, and wiping off the wax before it cools with a paper towel. It does a pretty good job, but I have equipment set aside, just for wax. I would not even think about dumping anything wax related down the drain. Outside Only!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Oven on low temp. Put utensils on paper towels over newspapers on rack. Let them warm up and wipe them clean with paper towels then wash or put in dishwasher. The temp in the oven is too low to burn paper or melt plastic on utensils. But, watch it for safety's sake.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I strongly second Michael's point about NOT using the wife's utensils. That having been said, I use Walmart Supertech brake cleaning spray fluid. It readily cuts the wax and propolis and leaves no residue. After cleaning the utensils, THOROUGHLY wash them in hot soapy water. Then beg forgiveness from the wife.

·
Premium Member
3,533 Posts
Oven on low temp. Put utensils on paper towels over newspapers on rack.. The temp in the oven is too low to burn paper or melt plastic on utensils. But, watch it for safety's sake.
Watch is an understatement, if it is a gas oven I would NOT recommend it :eek:

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Scrape off what you can using something like a credit card.
Use a hair dryer to heat up sections and wipe with paper toweling. Glass candle containers, countertops and metal stuff clean up nicely!

·
Registered
693 Posts
I spent $20 at the local mission/used furniture store and bought all of the wax processing equipment that will ever need. There's a lot of good stuff at these stores and you won't have any kitchen battles with your spouse.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts