Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just now, my wife yells up the steps and says there's a present for me. Apparently, my neighbor, whose name I haven't a clue (we're new here and only lived here 6-1/2 years so we don't know both our neighbors yet :D we are bad people) Sent over a pair of books. Apparently he saw me put out the bait hive in the disputed property between our homes (long interesting story there too... ) Thought I might find them interesting. I am going to have to learn their names. There is one daughter in the home that works at our Food Lion so I know here name (she wears a name tag.) But I haven't a clue anyone else in the whole house. :) I will definitely have to learn their names now... :)

books.jpg

·
Registered
323 Posts
Those are some ancient texts they've got there, would be interesting to see how they got a hold of them. I assume they just had them lying around instead of going out and getting them for you?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He just happened to have them. I haven't spoken to him yet but I am sure they just happened to have them. They both have Kelley's sticker in them. They are both at around the 1973 printing.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Some day I will have honey again and will make sure to share some. I think what they want is us to play Pickle Ball with us.

·
Super Moderator
Aylett, VA 10-frame double deep Langstroth
5,796 Posts
Am I? Last think I ever remember was Thanatos <sp> and that was like grade or middle school a million years ago
Reallly? You have a "Keeping of bees is like the direction of sunbeams" quote by HDT hanging on your wall. Oh, THAT Thoreau.

Cool score on the books.

·
Super Moderator
5,796 Posts
I think what they want is us to play Pickle Ball with us.
Ok, ya made me Google it. How is it that I have never heard of a game that is nearly as old as I am? I need to get out more.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
JW: I have never heard of it either. I was a little scared to google it. Never know what kids are up to these days.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Reallly? You have a "Keeping of bees is like the direction of sunbeams" quote by HDT hanging on your wall. Oh, THAT Thoreau.

Cool score on the books.
That wood cut print was a birthday gift from my daughter that she got from an Etsy artist. I like the quote, but never found out if it was just something he said or it was part of a poem or book. But I never read him seriously, other than when it was for a grade :) Honestly I never read much of him and am not all that familiar with his philosophy. Though, what I have read I did enjoy. So maybe someday, when all the people on earth are gone... and Oh, no ... not my only pair of glasses :)

One more thing for the list.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's been around since 1965 and there is even an association for it. Funny thing I hadn't heard of it until last year, and never heard of anyone playing it until they said something about it... and they just had a whole episode on The Goldbergs about it... Who knew.. I guess it would be safer to play pickle ball than to get them to go shagging with us. I have no idea when social dancing will be safe again. :(

·
Registered
708 Posts
That wood cut print was a birthday gift from my daughter that she got from an Etsy artist. I like the quote, but never found out if it was just something he said or it was part of a poem or book. But I never read him seriously, other than when it was for a grade :) Honestly I never read much of him and am not all that familiar with his philosophy. Though, what I have read I did enjoy. So maybe someday, when all the people on earth are gone... and Oh, no ... not my only pair of glasses :)

One more thing for the list.
Don't fall asleep in any bank vaults.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Don't fall asleep in any bank vaults.
I debated trying to keep this going... I thought better of it, considering that it may be obscure references for many. :) Oldschool Fan though! I can still Rod's voice in my head from time to time.

·
Super Moderator
5,796 Posts
Did we just go all Twilight Zone? I am a fan too.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Just now, my wife yells up the steps and says there's a present for me. Apparently, my neighbor, whose name I haven't a clue (we're new here and only lived here 6-1/2 years so we don't know both our neighbors yet :D we are bad people) Sent over a pair of books. Apparently he saw me put out the bait hive in the disputed property between our homes (long interesting story there too... ) Thought I might find them interesting. I am going to have to learn their names. There is one daughter in the home that works at our Food Lion so I know here name (she wears a name tag.) But I haven't a clue anyone else in the whole house. :) I will definitely have to learn their names now... :)

View attachment 57221
Both good books
the one on the right was "ALL" I had for the my first 10 years of keeping, 75-85 no internet then.
You are running out of reasons to not just get some bees........

GG

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Both good books
the one on the right was "ALL" I had for the my first 10 years of keeping, 75-85 no internet then.
You are running out of reasons to not just get some bees........

GG
Oh, I am getting some. I have spoken with a few local and some a little farther away in state. Just a matter of availability and moneys. Probably have them by April. Unless there are swarms on goldenrod.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I debated trying to keep this going... I thought better of it, considering that it may be obscure references for many. :) Oldschool Fan though! I can still Rod's voice in my head from time to time.
I try to catch the old re-run marathons when they come up. They don't make them like that anymore.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts