Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a new beekeeper. I have only 1 hive but (With my bee mentor)am splitting soon. A friend connected me to a guy who has some beekeeping equipment for sale. I have not seen the items, yet.
His post states: "Four hive boxes with frames, smoker, electric knife, large stainless steel extractor with electric motor. Not used in years (He said about 20) but still fully functional."
He says it has all been stored inside. He is asking $250. Is that a good deal? Any input is appreciated.
Pictures are attached. They are not good, but hopefully you can see enough to give me some idea.

Thank you,
Steve
Bee stuff (4).jpg
Bee stuff (3).jpg
Bee stuff (2).jpg
Bee stuff (1).jpg

·
Registered
40 Posts
The frames and smoker really aren't worth much, the hive bodies are worth something if they are the size and type you plan to use. The extractor is probably worth most of the asking price if it works and is stainless and you want an extractor. I doubt you can find a motorized extractor new for that price.

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
The boxes appear to be cobbled up and may not be standard dimensions. It appears the motor and drive pulley are not attached to the extractor. It appears stainless tangential but it is an oldie. I would say it is no bargain.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went and looked, but did not buy. Quality of the extractor was not good. the frames were standard size, but boxes did not have standard openings. Thank you for the advice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts