Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Try as I may I’m having the hardest time identifying the queen, finding eggs, and getting good photos. Can anyone tell me if this is she? (About 1/3 down, middle). Thank you. Also any recommendations on best way to get photos with cellphone, while juggling frame, gloves, veil, etc. My friends and family are wary of bee photography.

Attachments

·
Registered
306 Posts
I don’t see her on there anywhere. When you see her, there’s really no mistaking it. When searching, scan the bees quickly, paying attention for abnormalities. In other words, don’t look at each individual bee, look for something that’s out of place. Takes some practice, but you’ll get it.

Just to make sure you have a queen, are you seeing viable eggs? 1 egg per cell, laid in the bottom (deepest part) of the cell?

Best way I’ve found to get cell phone photos it to shoot a video and then capture screen shots from the video. You can also try using a standard camera tripod with a cell phone mount (you can buy the phone mount for less than $10 on Amazon) to get a steady video. They work very well.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
I don't see a queen in the photo. If you have a friends that can find queens have them find her and then watch her move over the frame for several minutes. Learn to see differences in movement patterns of the bees, different color markings, and shapes of the bees bodies. Can't help you on taking photos, I can't either.

·
Registered
676 Posts
:thumbsup:
Best way I’ve found to get cell phone photos it to shoot a video and then capture screen shots from the video. You can also try using a standard camera tripod with a cell phone mount (you can buy the phone mount for less than $10 on Amazon) to get a steady video. They work very well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts