Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my students has asked me if there is a leaflet or small concise publication, he can leave with a landowner or farmer to show him the benefits of having a beekeeper on his land?

A Google search turned up nothing, can you suggest anything?

Land use in the UK is running out and finding new sites, even to buy is difficult to say the least.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Welcome to beekeeping. If you add your location to the published profile it may help - as you are aware, the laws in the UK are different than those in the USA even since we tossed the English hives into Boston Harbor to protest the tax on honey! Just a little historical revision; I hate tea. A search of “why farmers need bees” will generate multiple sources - create the list with lots of sources to prove your point. Around here, landowners often offer their shelter belts or abandoned farmsteads once they learn I am a hobbyist.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Try looking at the honey bee health coalition website. They some good information about the value of bees etc. Plus, they have some good instructional videos and other resources

·
Registered
5 ,8 ,10 frame, and long Lang
2,536 Posts
One of my students has asked me if there is a leaflet or small concise publication, he can leave with a landowner or farmer to show him the benefits of having a beekeeper on his land?

A Google search turned up nothing, can you suggest anything?

Land use in the UK is running out and finding new sites, even to buy is difficult to say the least.
I hope you are not insinuating the land owner should or needs to allow your use for some save the bees reason. How about asking for permission to use the owners land to place your bees on. Straight up acknowledge the land is theirs and you are asking. You Know with words, looking them in the eye. Then go about saving some funds to purchase your own plot some day. Also There is always renting. If someone gave me a "Pamphlet" I would chase them off. Sends me the wrong message. I saved for years for a down payment and then paid 15 more years for my little plot. If it is worth it to have. the beekeeper will save for his/her own. could even place an add in the paper, for a place to have your bees. Could find an orchard and work a deal pollination for rent win win type deal. where there is a will there is a way. I do not see fruit in the leaflet, only misunderstanding.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts