Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I overwintered my first hive as a single. I don't know how it survived, but I am so pleased that it did. There was no time last season for the second deep to get drawn out so it was wintered as a single. Winter really does not seem to want to let go but temps are finally starting to creep up. Today is upper 40s to very low 50s. This weeks highs are predicted to be near and in the 50s. I really want to hold off adding the super until the temps climb and steady there. I don't want to go in and do an evasive inspection and start pulling any frames to put up top yet. My concern? Swarming obviously. I dont want to lift and check for swarm cells until the temps improve. Am I panicing prematurely?

Thanks
todd

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both for your responses. I should have mentioned that I have fed dried sugar to the top bars and misted with water. I moved the hive last week and it was quite heavy on 1 side. Starvation is not much of a concern at this point. But I do really have to check the population I suppose. Ill wait just another few days for the weather to calm down a bit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.