Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple of dead hives with some stores in them that I haven't disassembled and was wondering if they are a good enough advertisement for a swarm? I'm getting some bees from the wild in them.

On the other hand, when my nuc's come, I don't want that much competition from the locals. I'll restrict the entrance for the nucs but am I setting them up for a problem?

Tanya

·
Registered
213 Posts
Listen to KQ6AR, use the BT. I checked a bait hive yesterday to re bait with LG Oil , I placed it last year, wax moths made a big mess . Swarm season just starting here, I caught one yesterday in a tree. Haven`t caught one in a bait hive yet, ,,,Pete,,,N3SKI

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Listen to KQ6AR, use the BT. I checked a bait hive yesterday to re bait with LG Oil , I placed it last year, wax moths made a big mess . Swarm season just starting here, I caught one yesterday in a tree. Haven`t caught one in a bait hive yet, ,,,Pete,,,N3SKI
I would like to, just don't know where to get it. Glad to hear your enthusiastic response.

Tanya

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.