Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Talking with an acquaintance, he told me that if you were to place your iPhone on the top of your hive, it would cause the bees to immediately start absconding from the hive. He said that half the bees that left would return after a few hours, or you could immediately remove the phone to stop the absconding. He showed me a postage stamp size microcircuit chip that sticks to your phone and stops the microwave emissions coming from the phone.

I wondered if anyone worked their hives with their phone in their pocket and noticed an adverse effect, or if they wanted to try this experiment?

·
Registered
678 Posts
I put my iPhone on my hives very often, while doing inspection (I like to take photos), and while retrieving data from a Broodminder hive scale. I have never noticed any adverse effect.

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
If you set the hives up parallel to one of the Ley lines dominant in your area it will jam the frequencies that the bees can receive. Frames should be cold way to the Ley line. ;)

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
If you set the hives up parallel to one of the Ley lines dominant in your area it will jam the frequencies that the bees can receive. Frames should be cold way to the Ley line. ;)
But, but, but if one gets their hives parallel to the ley lines does this provide relief from the tedium of housel positioning? ;)

Alex

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Just make sure you don't remove your tinfoil hat and you will be fine. :)

·
Registered
11,732 Posts
It's true, cos i saw it on the screen. But luckily, we can get the special micro circuit chip.

·
Registered
308 Posts
This is the kind of info newbees need up front. I've been doing it wrong and never knew.
Make this a sticky!

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
I had to bring in a dowser to find them in my area, he said it also helped to calm the nasty hives down. dowsers are expensive so I only did it in one yard. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
406 Posts
I've been using an iPhone for years instead of fume boards. Works like a charm.

Last year I tried an iPad, but that was too much, caused the whole hive to swarm (and the hive next to it!) and I had to go catch them.

I missed 4/1, but it's never too late!

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Talking with an acquaintance, he told me that if you were to place your iPhone on the top of your hive, it would cause the bees to immediately start absconding from the hive. He said that half the bees that left would return after a few hours, or you could immediately remove the phone to stop the absconding. He showed me a postage stamp size microcircuit chip that sticks to your phone and stops the microwave emissions coming from the phone.

I wondered if anyone worked their hives with their phone in their pocket and noticed an adverse effect, or if they wanted to try this experiment?
i have a beautiful bridge i'd like to sell you.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts