Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! New to the forums and fascinated by beekeeping!

I currently host a YouTube channel for interviewing various keepers of various creatures and I think adding a few beekeepers to the show would be, at the very least, deeply informative. I would love to share your knowledge and wisdom regarding bees in a simple format for people who are already interested in invertebrates and the environment, and their effect ON the environment-and I like to think beekeeping is huge for that.

If you want to pre-check out the YouTube channel it's called Isobuddies Productions (original focus was on isopods but it has totally expanded to cover inverts of all types, snakes, geckos, even roaches). This is NOT to be taken as a promotion for my channel but just to see if anyone would be interested in sharing their knowledge with my meager audience.

You can reach out here or email me at [email protected]. You can also find me in the Facebook group "Isobuddies" as "Johannes Warshington" which is my social media alias. Because, I thought I needed one at the time.

If this is an inappropriate post, please have it removed I totally understand. I THINK I went through the rules enough to figure out if this is something that could be posted here.

·
Super Moderator
Santa Cruz, CA
1,157 Posts
Great idea. I may suggest reaching out to some of the beekeeping youtubers so you could cross promote. I don't want to push favor toward any but a simple youtube search should highlight those who post often enough.

Also, you may want to have a list of questions to ask, as once you get a beekeeper talking it can be difficult to get them to stop. ;) We may also ramble on about things that make no sense to your audience.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HAHAH, fair enough. You won't be surprised to hear this is the case for keepers of isopods, springtails, ants, geckos, tegus, snakes, different snakes, things that look like snakes... The list goes on and on.

I pretty much have a format down now so we have enough questions to keep it moving and SOME structure but I really look forward to those moments where it just flows, whether or not the audience "gets it" all the way.

I was hoping to find some folks here but I'll definitely check out YouTube too.

Thanks for the advice!

·
Super Moderator
Santa Cruz, CA
1,157 Posts
HAHAH, fair enough. You won't be surprised to hear this is the case for keepers of isopods, springtails, ants, geckos, tegus, snakes, different snakes, things that look like snakes... The list goes on and on.

I pretty much have a format down now so we have enough questions to keep it moving and SOME structure but I really look forward to those moments where it just flows, whether or not the audience "gets it" all the way.

I was hoping to find some folks here but I'll definitely check out YouTube too.

Thanks for the advice!
Many of those same youtubers are also on here. Hopefully you find someone! I'd volunteer but I'm camera shy. My GF runs a channel with 64.4k subs and I'm rarely, if ever on it. But I make a great cameraman!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Many of those same youtubers are also on here. Hopefully you find someone! I'd volunteer but I'm camera shy. My GF runs a channel with 64.4k subs and I'm rarely, if ever on it. But I make a great cameraman!
64k!!! WOW! Yeah some people are for behind the camera. That's probably me but I am in no way shy.

I'll check the YouTubers, thanks for the advice!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts