Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning Beesource community. I am in a local beekeepers association and our presenter for the next meeting had to reschedule at the last minute. There is a good wireless signal where we have our meetings so I plan to stream an online video instead. The question is which one? There are so many good ones. Our club seems to have a lot of winter losses and buys quite a few replacement packages in the spring so I'm leaning toward a Michael Palmer presentation. I have several more of these coming up though so would appreciate any suggestions around what you've tried and what has worked well in your organizations.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
I think watching videos is great but may not be the best use of the clubs time. I would recomend the video and folks can watch at home. Or show a short clip and then open discussion. Our clubs meetings are usually geared towards the season we are in, we have a speaker talk about a particular subject (splits, fall feeding and prep, harvest, etc) then open the floor to questions and discussion. We try to do lots of hands on activities for new folks. During the warm season we move meetings to folks aparies for hands on field days. Generally the state aparist comes to one of these to discuss what they are seeing across the state and perhaps 1 or 2 hot topics. This year Sean Burgess is coming to our May 10th field day. Last year we had former state apariast Phil Craft speak.

Check out our website. May give you some ideas kyanabees.com

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
I agree. At this time of year open discussion of seasonal issues like swarming are probably about as useful to members as anything.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts