Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Yet another misleading headline!

QUOTE "Honeybee Colony Collapse Disorder Finally Explained: Too Many Chemicals" QUOTE

So thats the headline what does it say to you? to me it says they have finally explained the cause of colony collapse and that cause is too many chemicals.

but no!
they are repeating the often quoted causes of CCD.
Chemicals, virus's and nosema but they still dont know for sure!
In the next paragraph they even contradict the main headline by saying:-

QUOTE "We do not know that these chemicals have anything to do with colony collapse disorder, but they are definitely stressors in the home and in the food sources," said Penn State researcher Maryann Frazier. "Pesticides alone have not shown they are the cause of [colony collapse disorder]. We believe that it is a combination of a variety of factors, possibly including mites, viruses and pesticides." QUOTE

So nothing new there, all those things have been put forward as causes of CCD before.

So have they finally explained the cause of CCD?
NO!
Wonder how much that bit of research cost.

kiwi

·
Registered
10,025 Posts
So if I do a Google search and consolidate all the opinions I should get a multi-million dollar research grant too. How about something novel like using the principles L. L. Langstroth summarized in Hive and the Honey Bee 150 years ago. It seems we are going that way on the forum anyway. The exception is foundationless and frameless beekeeping. That dates before LLL!

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the one thing left out is HFCS and GM corn that every cell of the corn plant grown in the USA has a pestiside in it . this can not be removed. every time we eat a corn product we injest pestiside from the plant. so feeding bees with HFCS already taxed with mites Nosema and other stressors. maybe a very big link to this.

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
The documentation needs to be authenticated with the actual numbers in their testing.
The names of the chemicals and their ppm would be nice
Washington state created a valley of death with pencap-M. It was great for the apple growers and it wiped out 1,000's of hives.

Ernie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts