Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went down to meet a guy and pick up some nucs the other night and the guy suggested that we meet at Dadant in Frankfort Kentucky to save everybody an extra 45 minute ride out to his house.I drove out of Louisville and got there around 8:00pm. They close at 5:00 so I was surprised to see the door propped open.We went inside and the Manager,Clay,was finishing up some paperwork but he invited us to hang around while we waited for the guy to get there.To make a long story short the bees didnt show up till after midnight and 8 or 10 people had shown up over the last 4 hours.Clay made shure everybody had some refreshments and played a very gracious host while we all waited.He fielded a lot of questions and made sure everybody had what they needed for the nucs that were coming.I ended up getting my bees loaded around 1:30 am and took off for home.I know Clay had to be there another hour or 2 and he had to open up the next day at 9.but I heard him tell several people he would be there at 8 if they needed something.I just think he should be commended for his dedication to his business and willingness to help people.This is not the first time I have dealt with him and have found that he always works hard to be helpful and promote his business.Good Job Clay.

·
Registered
375 Posts
What an awesome story! It's reassuring to know there are people out there who truly want to help and are not in the business just to make a quick buck.

·
Vendor
338 Posts
Clay is a great guy and valuable asset to the Dadant organization. We have always recommended this location, when it makes sense for our customers. The bee business is not always easy for suppliers or our customers, and we all realize we have to work together to succeed as a whole for the good of the bees. Kudos to Clay and his wife, for their hard work and dedication!

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I was the guy with the nucs....was suppose to rain during afternoon well it a you would know it rained lots just south of me but I didnt get any. So we couldnt get started loading until dusk....loading 140 by myself and then strapping and hauling 50 miles made me late. But yes Clay is great...couldnt find a better guy! I left after 2 am and clay was still there working when I left and was probably still there when I got home at 3:45 am!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
While I'm handing out cudos,The nucs I got from Rick Sutton were really nice and just overflowing with bees.They have already filled a brood box and I had to ad a second.Even though Rick was running a little late,I think everybody there enjoyed sitting around and talking and the nucs were worth the wait.Thanks Rick.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts