Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

581 - 596 of 596 Posts

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
ended up getting a AM scope SM-3B of crags list for $200 today
ii rig.jpg stereo-microscope-sm-3b_1.jpg

Went with Loc-Woyke style rig as they seem popular with 3d printers, and used inoculation loop holders for the arms https://www.homesciencetools.com/pr...MI6rjFkICe6AIVQRx9Ch1yuwtTEAYYBiABEgL-sPD_BwE

For some reason the rack and pinion gearing for the syringe holder is giveing me fits, cant figger out how to draw it right in F360, any one out there have a cad file they want to share?
I thought about ordering this STL set https://www.the-beeman.co.uk/instrumental-insemination-102-c.asp
by they won't sell a cad file, so its a bugger to adjust it to the local hardware ie 8mm to 5/16s

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Went with Loc-Woyke style rig as they seem popular with 3d printers, and used inoculation loop holders for the arms https://www.homesciencetools.com/pr...MI6rjFkICe6AIVQRx9Ch1yuwtTEAYYBiABEgL-sPD_BwE

For some reason the rack and pinion gearing for the syringe holder is giveing me fits, cant figger out how to draw it right in F360, any one out there have a cad file they want to share?
??

Loc-Woyke style rig?

Where do you need the inoculation loop holders?

F360 = ?

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
what is that "loop, wire and golden looking pencil" used for?
thats the inoculation loop holders
they are to hold the ventral and sting hooks. its a stock photo, the loop and wire are what they to in the real world, no II appulation. The check of the holder is just an easy to mount hooks made form wire
In this photo they are stainless steel instead of brass, but the concept is the same

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
yep, @$5 or so each it seems to solve a few problems using selfmade hooks

·
Registered
26 Posts
Two Years ago, we had a file on here, which contained an stl for printing a 2 part insemination device (seperate syringe and queen holder). Since nearly all pictures are gone, i can't find it anymore, does sm1 still have the files?

·
Registered
26 Posts
It is on either THINGIVERSE or YEGGI
Searched both, but unfortunately there is only the turkish IE device, which is a one part device, what I‘m looking for, is the two part device, where you have the syringe holder on a post and the queen holder seperate with a dorsal hook fixed to it and manipulate the stinger with hand held forceps.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
I don't rember any files, just pictures
maby this one ?

A bit weird that google search for Instrumental Insemination Equipment beesource comes up with many of the missing pictures

After playing with a few of the print files that are out there I am thinking of just buying

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yes those are from the type, just there was a 2 part version.

I have a buyed one and my first one i made from scrap with only a drill and some etched aluminum parts, which is off the flexibel insemination type device. And this technique works so much easier compared to the schley type

·
Registered
26 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Typicall inseminating with 0.12 and collecting sperm with 0.18 tip
The essence of the article is that semen collection and insemination are performed with one capillary.
To clean the oviducts well, I mix the semen with a diluent. It works really well.

581 - 596 of 596 Posts