Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

561 - 580 of 596 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi Folks

It has been quite a while since I posted,

Here is the latest euipment I have made in-house for making the job of insemination quick and easy, she comes in the form of a 4D manual micro manipulator.

I made this over the fall and winter season from partly recycled and new materials, she has a ration of 5 - 1 and is ultra fluid in its motion, right now I am practicing on fixed targets to get used to how it moves and the early signs are very promissing indeed, I can move in, in one motion to the target of less than half a millimeter and she stays exactly on targetwhere one stops.

I still have yet to develop the final version of the needle holding gear/magazine which will also have an LED indicated plunger mechanism for making sure the final injection movement and depth does not penetrate too far into the host.

I am also working on an all new loop type sting hook similar in design to my earlier model using the oval eye of a fine sewing needle,

Thanks for looking

https://www.*****ute.com/video/EoEdZPfgOKFA/

·
Registered
83 Posts
This was an excellent thread, but with all of the pictures not showing up, it has lost a lot.

Does anyone have the pictures that was used through out this thread?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am in the process of making/getting help in making some II equipment.

Has anyone got experience of this syringe, it looks to be the same as the Sue Cobey Harbo but cant quite make it out on the pictures. Or has anyone found a good alternative? Seems false economy to save on one of the most important parts of this system.

https://www.coleparmer.co.uk/i/gilmont-gs-1100-micrometer-syringe-0-2-ml-1-ea/0784000

It has £40 off until tomorrow.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I produce the artificial insemination device myself. from beginning to end. In the workshop. prices are very cheap. If you are interested, please contact us. both as a set and as part of the sale available.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
Aylett, VA 10-frame double deep Langstroth
5,785 Posts
Kbayture, your attachments make your post an offer to sell in my opinion and therefore needs to be posted on our for sale forum. The pictures are quite blurry so the images need a higher resolution. You may post a link to a website that has photos and prices of the items you wish to sell. I hope you do because I am interested in your merchandise also.

·
Registered
6 Posts
@Mazzamark:

Have you bought the micro despenser? I asume you took the 0.2ml?

Swienty has the same microdispenser on their Harbo syringe.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
49 Posts
hi colleagues beekeepers.
I want to introduce you to our equipment for insemination of queens. Maybe you saw him before

The equipment is made with ABS plastic and stainless steel. It consists of a main unit on which the queen's holder is placed, 2 hooks, feeding system with capillary installed.

The second block is a syringe holder with a delivery system and the syringe
Harbo Syringe of 1 ml with the metal piston.
A set is consisted of 5 capillaries.

The machine is packed in a special plastic protected case for convenient and safe transportation.
more information is available beequeeninstrument.com
IMG_20191107_201451.jpg
IMG_20191107_200958.jpg
IMG_20191107_200917.jpg
IMG_20191107_191725.jpg
IMG_20191107_191714.jpg

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
hi colleagues beekeepers.
I want to introduce you to our equipment for insemination of queens. Maybe you saw him before

The equipment is made with ABS plastic and stainless steel. It consists of a main unit on which the queen's holder is placed, 2 hooks, feeding system with capillary installed.

The second block is a syringe holder with a delivery system and the syringe
Harbo Syringe of 1 ml with the metal piston.
A set is consisted of 5 capillaries.

The machine is packed in a special plastic protected case for convenient and safe transportation.
more information is available beequeeninstrument.com
View attachment 52249
View attachment 52251
View attachment 52253
View attachment 52255
View attachment 52257
Is this the same as the unit presented on the minute 28:00 of his video?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liV5grHI3XI

·
Registered
460 Posts
That’s a scope that I’ve also heard meets the needs of insemination work very well. The price seems pretty reasonable relative to the price of a breeder queen, too.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
561 - 580 of 596 Posts