Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lost my package hive that I started last year so this year I'm starting two hives but with Nucs instead.

I installed them both today. Bottom is a standard deep with an super on top. The nucs were 4 frames so I added 5 frames from my previous hive. Most frames were drawn out and one or two had either half or a full frame of honey. Think I still need to feed them? I had an aversion to feeding, but now I'll do whatever I need to in order to have them survive.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
I am pretty close to you. It depends on how much honey they came with. They can bring in nectar and pollen now unless we have a long wet period. Then keep watch on them.

I am not feeding and mine are they doing fine right now. Your flow will start in the next 2-3 weeks I would think. I am at 1200 feet and mine won't start for a couple of weeks after that, but they have plenty now if they can get out.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have them in the middle of my orchard that is in full bloom. I'm hoping they have plenty to forage. Like I said, I added a couple of frames full of honey to the hive. I can also add more to the super or deep if needed. I've got plenty.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts