Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Looks like a nice piece of land for some bee hives. Your dog couldn't keep his head still with all those bees in the air, lol.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Loved the video. The dog tracking all the bees zooming over him was great. Nice to see all those bees all over the frames and the front of the hive body. Thanks for posting the vid.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Great video and I loved seeing your Cattle dog helper. I will finally get my bees next Sunday. I hope my install goes as smoothly.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everybody. The queen has be released and so far seem to be doing good. I will open the hive up in two weeks to have a look.

Jaamin

·
Registered
23 Posts
Please don't let your dogs become accustomed to hanging out around the hives unless you put veils on 'em - unlike us they don't know what to do if stung up the nose- avoid a tragedy!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the advice. I have watched him several times when he roams his yard. He's a pretty smart dog and tends to stay away from the hives.

·
Registered
Possum Valley, TN Bee Wrangler
825 Posts
Great vid, thanks for posting, it made me smile.

Looked like the second one went a little smoother than the first.

G3

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Nice video.
You may have to check and see if the bees make nice straight frames out of those Pierco plastic frames.
You may have to feed sugar syrup to help them draw out plastic.
Usually we dump out the bees into a single brood chamber , feed syrup and super later.
BTW. who sold you the packages?
Good Luck with your hives.
Ernie

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I only have a top feeder on under the second med super. I will watch them and when they get close to drawing out the first brood chamber I will add another and so on. They seem to be eating a quart of 50/50 sugar/H20 a day. Not sure if thats normal but I will keep feeding until they stop taking.

I ordered the bees from Honey Bee Genetics. So far so good.

Jaamin

1 - 16 of 16 Posts