Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone So today (5-10-2020) is day 9 since I installed the bees. I did check on the 4th day and the queen did make it out of her package. I've been observing for several days and see a lot activity with bees coming into the hive. Am wondering If I should lift the lid and check on them or let them go a little longer? I did pick up a 2nd box with frames but thought I might install it on top with a middle board with a center hole cut in it to feed a mason jar of syrup. I don't want to bother them if they are doing OK on their own!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi everyone So today (5-10-2020) is day 9 since I installed the bees. I did check on the 4th day and the queen did make it out of her package. I've been observing for several days and see a lot activity with bees coming into the hive. Am wondering If I should lift the lid and check on them or let them go a little longer? I did pick up a 2nd box with frames but thought I might install it on top with a middle board with a center hole cut in it to feed a mason jar of syrup. I don't want to bother them if they are doing OK on their own!
Newbie here as well. I'm about 15 days in. I believe the typical recommendation is to check again about 7-10 days after your first queen check, and look for eggs, etc... (I couldn't see any eggs on my first inspection, but then during an inspection 7 days later I saw a healthy amount of tiny larvaue in both sides of 3 frames.)

Feeding them will help them out....I'd say go for it...

·
Registered
2020 6 hives
246 Posts
PRobees,

Yup, feed inside of hive. Unless you smash the queen you can only help them.

BTW, if you put in more information about location it will help other responders.

Good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts