Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hive is between a brick wall and the metal building. They were accessing through A/C entrance. We filled the square with steel wool and then gooped it up with caulk. Let them come and go through hose for couple of days. Then added the box. Two days later we added a frame of brood. The next day we added the wire cone. This is my inspection of the day after the wire cone was added. Here's the video.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have a question for ya, this is my first Hogan style trap out, i installed a hive in a tree hollar the other day, it was on a saturday morning. I just swung by to check on it tonight (wednesday) and i havent installed any eggs in it yet, i will this weekend though. But when i opened it up to check on them, there were a ton of drone bees. Probably 3:1 regular worker bees. Are drone bees just to dumb/lazy to walk back down the tube to go back to the hive? I was just amazed at how many drones were hanging out there. I guess when i bring eggs/brood more worker bees will come out. And i have NOT set the one way trap yet. image.jpg

1 - 2 of 2 Posts