Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been 2 weeks since I have combined my 2 hives. It looks like the queen has started laying in the top brood box but also still continues to expand in the bottom box. The bottom box was almost done. When I combined, there were 6 1/2 frames in used. Today there is 7/12. One side of an outer frame is not drawn.

TOP BROOD BOX
Frame from top brood box. Looks to me like Brood cells and I think I see some larva
DSCN1075A.jpg

So far looks like honey only on the outer edges
DSCN1074A.jpg

Again more Brood and Larva
DSCN1076A.jpg

BOTTOM BROOD BOX
Brood and Larva
DSCN1077A.jpg

Top of Bottom Brood Box
DSCN1078A.jpg

One question I have. The bottom Brood Box has one frame dedicated to honey. The rest are all Brood. The top Brood Box has Comb and Brood, but no frames specifically dedicated to honey. Lots of room. No Queen Cups and didn't see any swarm cells.

Should I am assume that is probably all a good thing?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The bottom box is pretty much full except for the one frame. I think the queen moved up when I combined the 2 hives. But it also looks like she is moving around a lot as there are multiple frames on the top with brood and larva as well as the frame below that is in the pic.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's how 6 out of 8 look for the most part. One is just Honey and the 8th is newly drawn comb with Brood and Larva. In the original photo of the bottom frame, you can zoom in and see all of the eggs and larva. The photo above makes it difficult to see it. There is an equal amount of uncapped larva/eggs as there is capped.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts