Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 3 hives of bees on commercial sunflowers and alfalfa The owner of the sunflowers is spraying for head moths monday morning using asama xl ? I plan on blocking the bees in after dark on sunday night keep them blocked off until early tuesday morning then releasing them. Can anyone add to this to make sure I dont loose a bunch of bees has always thanks for the advise

·
Vendor
Local feral survivors in eight frame medium boxes.
54,120 Posts
If you plan to close them up, I would use screen and if you can screen the inner cover or some other top vent so the can get ventilation it will make a lot of difference. You could lose the whole hive to heat and it wouldn't have helped to close them up. Screen doors are even better if you have time to build some. Brushy Mt sells them. Just make a square the width of your entrance with one side open and put #8 hardware cloth on it then put the fourth side on the outside of that There is an screened porch then for the bees to get into. Just look at a plan for a robber screen and leave the entrance at the bottom wide open and the exit at the top closed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts