Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had an ad popup while viewing another site for equipment from the Pierco Bee Company. Anyone have any information on this company?
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Plug Pierco into the search box. It'll probably return a thousand or more threads on this site that reference Pierco products.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
You might think so but since I tried that first and did not receive the information I asked the question!
Try this google site search.

https://www.google.com/search?&q=Pierco+site:beesource.com&oq=Pierco+site:beesource.com

860 threads. A little less than a thousand, but close.

The forum's search function sometimes leaves a little bit to be desired. You can have google search any forum by typing your key word into a google search box followed by the word "site," and a colon : , and then the site name. Like this: "pierco site:beesource.com"

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Try this google site search.

https://www.google.com/search?&q=Pierco+site:beesource.com&oq=Pierco+site:beesource.com

860 threads. A little less than a thousand, but close.

The forum's search function sometimes leaves a little bit to be desired. You can have google search any forum by typing your key word into a google search box followed by the word "site," and a colon : , and then the site name. Like this: "pierco site:beesource.com"
Yes google can be your friend and I have found and looked at there site, but.

I should have been more specific in my original question. Has anyone used Pierco and can offer reviews of their service. And before asking I did also search in the Consumer Report forum section. The last information there regarding Pierco was from 2011.

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
I bought foundation from them last year. Extra wax coating. The bees have been pulling it like crazy.
I didn't order enough so I ordered some additional frames last week They are supposed to arrive tomorrow.
That's my only experience but no complaints.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I bought foundation from them last year. Extra wax coating. The bees have been pulling it like crazy.
I didn't order enough so I ordered some additional frames last week They are supposed to arrive tomorrow.
That's my only experience but no complaints.
Thank you, Sir. I have a few things that I need and will place an order with them and see out it works out.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Before my small cell foundation days I used Pierco foundation almost exclusively. Went to Betterbee today to find they no longer are supplying Pierco. Acorn foundation is what they carry now. It looks excellent quality and well waxed. Meant to try it for years now. In the process of scraping down 100's of combs with Pierco foundation from around 15- 20 years ago and still excellent shape. Permadent foundation has held up terribly. Dadants plasticell is allot better but still not as nice as the Pierco after it gets years on it. I'm willing to bet this acorn foundation is probably the best quality of all. No comment on mann lake plastic foundation.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts