Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4ish langstrom hives
1,542 Posts
I think adequate food sources and a long enough season to collect enough stores are generally more important than a specific climate.

I think bees can survive everywhere from the equator to southern Canada. There are a few people that can keep bees in Alaska, but it is not common. I think the big issue in Alaska is the forging season is short and the winters are long.

In what reguard are you referencing fullest? I tend to get one big hive every year (lots of honey) but I know there are people that do better than me. For packages and nucs, California seems to be a common source, but there are places thru out the US where you can get bees

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think adequate food sources and a long enough season to collect enough stores are generally more important than a specific climate.

I think bees can survive everywhere from the equator to southern Canada. There are a few people that can keep bees in Alaska, but it is not common. I think the big issue in Alaska is the forging season is short and the winters are long.

In what reguard are you referencing fullest? I tend to get one big hive every year (lots of honey) but I know there are people that do better than me. For packages and nucs, California seems to be a common source, but there are places thru out the US where you can get bees
hi im from a tropical country my farm is beside a mountain, we dont have winter here just rainy season im just wondering if there are advantages in climates specially the bees are relying on weather

·
Premium Member
1,475 Posts
Depends if your area is clear cut farms rice and houses, or it's a location with good quality

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.