Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone
Anyone can suggest a queen supplier where I can buy some queens? a supplier where you have a personal experience. I only want the most honey making, mite fighting, disease resisting long living gentlest queen.

·
Moderator - In Memorium
Aylett, VA 10-frame double deep Langstroth
6,888 Posts
I want a few million dollars so I can retire and become a full-time beekeeper.:)

David at Barnyard Bees sells gentle queens that are good honey producers. I have purchased from him and ddillon here on Beesource has built his entire apiary around them. Can't say much about disease or mite resistance as I just don't know. Lots of folks claim to have the perfect bee but if they did, the price would be sky high.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Good luck getting a response from queen suppliers. I've emailed Furgasons, Weavers, Michael Palmer and no replies from them. I ended up going with Better Bee and had very prompt and professional service.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Wildflower Meadows still has VHS queens, I just got 2 today. Very good service, they ship overnight UPS. This is the first time I've tried their queens so I'm a year away from a legitimate opinion.
Lee

·
Registered
2020 6 hives
242 Posts
Off topic deepster sorry. JWPALMER, the best way to make a small fortune is to start out with a big fortune!

·
Moderator - In Memorium
Aylett, VA 10-frame double deep Langstroth
6,888 Posts
Off topic deepster sorry. JWPALMER, the best way to make a small fortune is to start out with a big fortune!
Yeah, figured that out long ago. If you want to keep your money, best to not have expensive hobbies.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Any idea where Buckfast queens can be had, preferably from a northern climate?
That was my original plan, to make 10 nucs now, so I could have drones ready by April of next year for my mating yard.

·
Registered
5 ,8 ,10 frame, and long Lang
2,561 Posts
Hello everyone
Anyone can suggest a queen supplier where I can buy some queens? a supplier where you have a personal experience. I only want the most honey making, mite fighting, disease resisting long living gentlest queen.
I have tried the Northern Queen from Better Bee with good results. I see they have stock now.

maybe get 5 ea from 2 different places, taste and compare.

GG

·
Registered
187 Posts
I ordered from Lapp bees back in spring and have been pleased with them. I just ordered some more from them today.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Betterbee has a good supply of mated queens. Chris takes great care in choosing the Drones for his AI queens. He uses a queen excluder in his mating yard and hand picks drones trying to get in. He uses these guys for sperm in Virgin Queens from his grafts. After watching countless YouTube videos from Southern breeders I find their emergency cell and same yard drones system iffy. I raise my own or use Betterbee for diversity.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts