Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
4 years ago I found Bee Source when I was looking for plans to build my own beehives... that has become a great area of accomplishment for me.

It wasn't until a few months ago that I found the Forum, it was winter, so what to do but Google bee stuff. Finding this, other websites and your individual youtube videos, I have learned a lot more than I have in the last few years by trial and error and the 'Dumb Beekeeper Books'. I went on a quest to find out about feral bees, how to trap them, in order to increase. Yesterday, I had my wife stop by the store and pick up some Lemongrass oil and proceeded to make a couple of bait hives out of some old boxes that I had... (can't hurt, 6 bucks for some lemon fresh scent) I put out the bait hives after dark last night, first thing I did when I got home from work was to go out and check the swarm traps... I was skeptical, but there it was, I had scouts going in and out of them the first day!!

Thank you all for sharing your expert information, the goods and the bads... It helps, even the hard headed ones like me benefit from your wisdom.

Andy :applause:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Andy, If you're like me it will become a great source of enjoyment. Pretty soon you're be tracking them as well. Enjoy!

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Nice job jarhead.

freebees are always good bees. Make sure you check the progress of the queen as they settle in, sometimes in swarms you get old worn out queens.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Don't forget some old frames. Way better than lemon grass. You know the ones that mice or wax moth or old brood frames that need retired.
David

1 - 6 of 6 Posts