Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As it turns out, the whole "White Christmas" deal ain't what it's cracked up to be. We actually had a "Blizzard Warning" yesterday along with what looked to me like a blizzard. I didn't even realize there was such a thing as a "Blizzard Warning."

We could not even take the kids to the grandparents (who live 1 mile away) and missed the Christmas Eve service at church. I'm not sure that we will even get out today.

This wimpy Okie is not wishing for any white Christmases ever again.

Anybody else feel my pain?

·
Premium Member
3,533 Posts
44 and rain here and the storm just blew in (grand kids are here) :lookout:

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Sorry about that, Neil...You don't want to hear what it's like in Fresno this morning. Got back from a week on the Kona coast a few days ago. I like balmy too.

·
Premium Member
12,001 Posts
As it turns out, the whole "White Christmas" deal ain't what it's cracked up to be. We actually had a "Blizzard Warning" yesterday along with what looked to me like a blizzard.
Hey Neil, send it all this way. I always enjoy a good blizzard on or around Christmas and New Years Eve!! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
4,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I shouldn't have to live through August in Oklahoma and get Chicago weather in December. It's not fair.

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
We almost had a white Christmas. Would have been the 3rd one in the last 150 years. (So the weather channel said) We missed it by 20 miles or so. Got some flurries, but nothing good.

·
Premium Member
7,923 Posts
I feel your pain to a lesser degree. This is the first time I've seen white stuff on the ground on Christmas in my entire life. We had to wait until around noon to leave the house because the highways were pretty frozen, but most of it melted off during the day, and we had no trouble getting back home (60 mile drive).

·
Premium Member
3,533 Posts
Well today we are getting the tail end of your snow, Barry should bee happy now we have about 4" here and over where Barry is they have close to 10" :applause:

·
Premium Member
12,001 Posts
You bet, Ed!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Got to use the snow blower twice in one day! It was getting real hungry for snow, so I let it eat my neighbors snow as well. :D

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Yeah... temperatures plummeted to around 69 on Christmas; looking to be the same for New Year's.

Only thing white about Christmas around here is the hair in my beard, trying to figure out how to pay for it all.

·
Premium Member
3,533 Posts
You bet, Ed!! :thumbsup:
Got to use the snow blower twice in one day! It was getting real hungry for snow, so I let it eat my neighbors snow as well. :D
I bet hezs feeding the blower today :lookout:comeing down here @ 1" an hour or more :eek:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts