Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered from Mann Lake and Dadant today.
Mann Lake:
Thank you for your order, it has been received in our system. We are taking precautions to keep our employees safe during the COVID-19 outbreak and are running with reduced staff. Our shipping times are a bit longer than normal, rather than the customary 24-48 hour turnaround time, your order may ship in 5-7 business days. We are processing orders as quickly as possible in the order that they are received. Thank you for your patience and understanding during this difficult time. We appreciate your business and will ship your order as soon possible.

Dadant:
Dadant & Sons Inc Activities are Currently Continuing
PLEASE EXPECT DELAYS

As we work hard to catch up on shipping out orders, the average shipping time is 7 days or less.
We may forward your order to our branch nearest to you in order to expedite the shipment.
Our selection of items available for shipping may be temporarily reduced and could cause additional delays to the arrival of those products.

Luckily this will not be a problem for me. I have some equipment to use until the new stuff gets here.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just received this email from our local beekeeping club:

Hi members of OCBC

Word on the street is that there will likely be a shortage of glassware this year. Having waited months to get deck wood, I can believe this. And, as an example, I just checked and Rossman has no Queenline stock available currently. We don't have bulk prices yet, but I am going to go forward with taking orders from folks using a google form. Dan Long has volunteered to pick up the glass. Before we order and pick it up, we will individually email you to confirm your order and give you the estimated price based on the bulk discount we might get from the larger order. You can still pull out at that time. Note that shipping glass is costly, so Dan's willingness to pickup a load is a big savings alone- and this year, that may be all the discount we get.

We are only working on obtaining 8 oz, 16 oz, and 32 oz Classic Queenline bottles and tops for them. You may make special requests at the bottom of the form, but we may not do them.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well this is a nice surprise, just got a notice that the Mann-Lake order is shipping via Kelly Beekeeping Supplies and UPS and should be here by Thursday.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well this is a nice surprise, just got a notice that the Mann-Lake order is shipping via Kelly Beekeeping Supplies and UPS and should be here by Thursday.
THE KELLEY BEEKEEPING WEBSITE IS MOVING
DECEMBER 8, 2020 | KELLEY BEEKEEPING|NEWS & EVENTS
Dear valued Kelley Beekeeping customers,
We are constantly looking for the best way to provide top level customer service along with everything you need to be a successful beekeeper. In this spirit, we are pleased to announce that Kelley Beekeeping is merging websites with Mann Lake Ltd.
Mann Lake Ltd will be your new source for a variety of the quality products you’ve come to love from Kelley Beekeeping. Our products will be featured alongside Mann Lake’s industry-leading product lines, making a one-stop-shop for all your beekeeping supplies.
The website migration will take place on Monday, December 21, 2020.
We understand that this change may be an inconvenience for you, which is why we want to give you ample time to place any orders or retrieve any order history that you need from our current website. Should you need anything after our merge, Mann Lake’s customer service team will be able to assist you.
Our focus at Kelley Beekeeping has always been to deliver excellent quality and customer service to our customers. We wouldn’t have made this change if we weren’t confident that Mann Lake Ltd would honor that. Our retail store in Clarkson, KY will remain open for business and orders can still be placed over the phone (800-233-2899). Should you need anything after our merge, Kelley and Mann Lake’s customer service team will be able to assist you.
We look forward to providing you with the quality and customer service you’ve come to expect from Kelley Beekeeping under the Mann Lake Ltd brand.
With appreciation,
Kelley Beekeeping

·
Registered
13 Posts
After all the supply chain, shipping, etc issues last year I've been trying to buy as much as possible early this year to avoid a headache come summer time. Finding anything last minute last year was extra tough, but I've heard from a supplier this year it will be worse.

·
Premium Member
Mutts.
212 Posts
@creesbees I suspect you are correct. My local club is having 'bee school' this weekend. Do not know the official numbers, but Facebook shows 19 going and 310 interested! Think there were about 50 last year, but it was a combined class with two other local clubs, one of which is much larger.

Wife is complaining about seed companies all being sold out or strictly limiting quantities to a single small pack.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts