Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just cleaning up after inspecting the hives today. I step onto a rock and rolled my ankle. It popped and crunched, turned all blue and swelled really bad. My first er trip in over a decade. And I did it beekeeping. How embarrassing.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I wish you a speedy recovery. Those injuries can take an awfully long time.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
I hope your OK.
Thankfully you weren't carrying a double deep full of bees when it happened.:pinch:
Get well fast.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! I'll be aight. Just a sprain. Good thing I finished inspections. Clyde I made an update post on those hives you've been coaching me with.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Hope you feel better....put some propolis on it or advil something to make you feel better.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I would have a traumatologist look at it. If a ligament or tendon is torn, rather than sprained, you will need attention, the sooner the better. Even a severe enough sprain can require surgery.

In any event, get rest, put ice on it, wrap it (compression) and keep it elevated.

I have had sports injuries of this nature that were much more serious than they appeared at first. Best to see a doc and be sure.

Good luck and get better soon!

·
Registered
34,542 Posts
I'm sorry, but, beekeeping injured you? Seems to me you suffered an injury while beekeeping. If the same thing happened while you were playing tennis would you have written "I sustained an injury from tennis."? And please don't tell me I am supposed to know what you meant. Write what you mean.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I'm sorry, but, beekeeping injured you? Seems to me you suffered an injury while beekeeping. If the same thing happened while you were playing tennis would you have written "I sustained an injury from tennis."? And please don't tell me I am supposed to know what you meant. Write what you mean.
You sound cranky today. :lookout:

·
Registered
34,542 Posts
:) Today? ;)

I just like things to be clear and for people to mean what they say. Beekeeping didn't do anything.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Golly, talk about splitting hairs man. Can I get a little leniency. I did make the post as I was awaiting xrays in the er.. not for nothing sqkcrk, that was a little jerky (you know what word I mean) to point that out. Technically its not even incorrect as you are viewing the word beekeeping as the hobby and I think I meant it as the actual action like keepin bees. If I use the wrong form of there, they're, or their, or if I say "for all intensive purposes" instead of "intents and purposes" well by all means... call me out. But to call me out on using from instead of while?!?! Yea, I am cranky. I am in pain and have to miss work and sit and do nothing for a week. So again, please cut me some slack.
todd

P.s. you don't have to call me out on the run-on sentence... I just did.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Thanks all for the well wishes. I went to the doc today, as the swelling is getting worse and the sole of my foot is turning a nice shade of purple. Mri was ordered. Doc suspects a partial ligament tear but needs to rule out the worst case scenario.

·
Registered
34,542 Posts
Golly, talk about splitting hairs man. Can I get a little leniency. I did make the post as I was awaiting xrays in the er.. not for nothing sqkcrk, that was a little jerky (you know what word I mean) to point that out. Technically its not even incorrect as you are viewing the word beekeeping as the hobby and I think I meant it as the actual action like keepin bees. If I use the wrong form of there, they're, or their, or if I say "for all intensive purposes" instead of "intents and purposes" well by all means... call me out. But to call me out on using from instead of while?!?! Yea, I am cranky. I am in pain and have to miss work and sit and do nothing for a week. So again, please cut me some slack.
todd

P.s. you don't have to call me out on the run-on sentence... I just did.
You seem angry todd. I am sorry that you suffered an injury while beekeeping. And it's too bad you got so upset from my simple little Post. Swelling worsening and the sole of your foot turning purple? You sure did hurt yourself. I hope your Doctor can prescribe something that relieves your pain and heals your injury. Not much consolation, but, it could have been worse. You could have broken it. Best wishes for a quick and complete recovery.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts