Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the winter, I have created a locator, of a sort, that lists beekeepers who remove swarms and sell honey. It will sort by distance so that people can locate a beekeeper or buy honey. Anyone who is interested can check it out. It is in my signature link below.

My goal, was to get it up before swarm season, so it is fully operational. I will be adding more text and pictures to it as the winter unwinds and as time permits. Please list yourself if you sell honey or remove swarms.

For the beginners, this will provide a great opportunity to get free bees!

Thanks
Bud Hanes
Westerville, Ohio

·
Registered
504 Posts
I'm in too.

If you are going to be adding content, a page with photos about differentiating EHB from yellowjackets and the like may be nice. I always question the callers anyway - but some people may read before calling...

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Great idea Ardilla! If anyone has some photos of swarms, honey bees (for identification) they want to add, just email them to me at [email protected].

I will be adding to the site, I just wanted to get it up before swarm season. Swarm season here in Ohio is "about" Memorial day, but not sure about southern or northern states. I think I'll do a search here on swarm dates to see.

Now, my bad news, my home "pet" hive showed no activity with 60 degrees plus today. So, I'm guessing my bee yard location might be doom and gloom too.

I might need swarm calls worse than ever now!

·
Registered
281 Posts
I added myself, but not sure if it will work as i am in canada and your zipcode search is 5 digits.. posibly you could expand that to 6 digit alphanumeric?

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I got your request and emailed a reply. It came back with a bad email address? I found the error, and forwarded it... I will see if I can find a database to convert the Canadian zipcodes (if thats what they are) to latitudes and longitudes...

·
Registered
281 Posts
They are postal codes. they are 6 alpha numeric codes with a letter, number, letter, number letter, number. Ex B2R 4T5 not sure if thats really a code but thats the idea.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts