Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
10-Frame Deep 9 5/8
I found this fully assembled hive from Dadant and it is just what I need. There is free shipping and its only $332 dollars. Is it too good to be true or is it legitimate? I thought I would ask you guys first.

·
Registered
504 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
I would be careful.

The last time I used Dadant, I ordered one of those packages of 100 frames. And they sent it with about 60 of them wrongly cut so that I couldn't assemble the frames. Pure garbage. And there's some BS policy that with them if you don't catch their mistakes fast they will refuse to deal with it. But if you are running a bigger operation you won't always open stuff up right away because you do assembly and construction in winter months.

To be fair I haven't used their hive boxes,...only their awful frames. But I have to assume if they screw up some products that others could be that way also.

But I'm not impressed with that company.

·
Registered
4ish langstrom hives
1,542 Posts
If you need a hive quick I would find a local supplier and pick everything up in person. Shipping (and supplier inventory) has been hit and miss this year, so it could show up in 2 days or 2 weeks. At a minimum you need a bottom board, a box, and a lid.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts