Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there everyone! :)
I haven’t posted for a while, but I wanted to say a big THANKS to everyone here for answering my many questions and giving advice…its wasn’t always easy being the only under 18 female beekeeper in my area :rolleyes:…and you guys pretty much helped me survive my first year! Here’s to many more…I can truly say I fell in love! Thanks again…merry Christmas, and happy new year! :D

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Hi Olive,
Did all you're hives survive the big flood? Last I heard you where concerned a few might go down river.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks!
but...I have no recolection of a flood, haha! I live on a hill, so my hives are high and dry :) you must have been thinking of someone else KQ6AR...but thanks for the concern :)

·
Registered
7,054 Posts
You haven't made it through the year until your bees are alive and well in spring.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the vote of confidence Odfrank :p
but i suppose your right...shouldnt count my chickens b4 theyre hatched...or in this case bees :)

·
Registered
7,054 Posts
Does :p mean what I think it does?

Because we are namesakes, I will let it slide this time, Oliver.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Glad to hear that you had a good year, it’s great to see young women getting into beekeeping. It’s something I point out to kids in the schools I give beekeeping presentations to. That beekeeping is not an all male sport. Keep learning and pass it on.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Odfrank
:p means pink smily with tongue sticking out.
Thanks for the clarification Perry :)

Can you tell me about the source of your bees?
Thanks,
Ernie
I purchased my bees in nucs from Green Honey Farms...i found it a lot easier as a new beekeeper to work with an established colony :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts