Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,855 Posts
Most likely too much attractant inside the trap (LGO or SC).
If so, be aware they may still jump the box.

·
Registered
Right now,one hive consisting of two 10 frame deeps of an Ohio swarm of muttsutts.
273 Posts
Reminds me of the famous " Jaw's " statement. " We need a bigger boat". That is a lot of bees on the outside of the Bait Trap.
Swarms started early here in NE Ohio also per what other beekeepers in my area told me. One mentor even went as far as saying that maybe the bees have finally figured out how to try and stop the Verroa mites by creating their brood breaks earlier. Makes sense when you take into consideration how nature evolves through time here on Earth to build up their defenses.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Congratulations!(y):) Where are you at? I just got my first here in Halifax, VA. We can learn together. 😁
We’re near twin falls Idaho growing zone 5 . We put out twenty traps spread across two counties from rural to city on my lawn mowing route. I guess I have been to zealous about keeping swarm commander fresh on my traps.

·
Registered
438 Posts
We’re near twin falls Idaho growing zone 5 . We put out twenty traps spread across two counties from rural to city on my lawn mowing route. I guess I have been to zealous about keeping swarm commander fresh on my traps.
Cool! WOW 20 traps is a lot! I'm glad you got one! I've never used swarm commander, but I did use lemongrass oil. I would install them soon, though, in case they try to leave! :)

Congrads, BEEJ🐝🐝🐝

1 - 9 of 9 Posts