Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found the queen today again, of course I had to take a picture of her this time. Please let me know what you think of the pic, this is in the 2nd deep... I didnt see any pollen up there, only uncapped honey but I do see it coming in on the bees, is this normal?

and another here at http://www.acmepainting.com/queen2.jpg

------------------
"To bee or not to bee, that is the question"

[This message has been edited by newbee 101 (edited June 21, 2004).]

·
Vendor
Local feral survivors in eight frame medium boxes.
54,120 Posts
Almost all the bee suppliers sell marking pens. I've gotten them from Brushy Mt., www.beeworks.com etc. I like the clip queen catchers to catch them and a marking tube to mark them in. You still have to be careful, of course, but these tools save having to catch them by the wings. If you want to lear to catch them by the wings get a pen for a different year than this year (like the year before last) and practice marking drones.

The colors are based on the year. That way you can tell how old the queen is by her color.

Queen marking colors:
Years ending in 1 or 6 – White
Years ending in 2 or 7 – Yellow
Years ending in 3 or 8 – Red
Years ending in 4 or 9 – Green
Years ending in 5 or 0 – Blue

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That could be the case, because I think the hive has almost doubled. I have been feeding them to encourage comb building. This is a 7 week old hive.

------------------
"To bee or not to bee, that is the question"

·
Registered
7,079 Posts
What is the secret of postng a picture ?

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
To add a graphic within your message, just encase the URL of the graphic image as shown in the following example (UBBCode™ is in red).

In the example above, the UBBCode™ automatically makes the graphic visible in your message. Note: the "http://" part of the URL is REQUIRED for the

·
Vendor
Local feral survivors in eight frame medium boxes.
54,120 Posts
Personally I'd prefer it if you'd put a link in instead. Otherwise I have to download all the pictures everytime I add a response to any of these. At the 24K maximum connection my phone company will provide to my rural location, this can take some time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts