Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I was pleased at how well a top bar hive delivery and nuc install went this past Saturday near Clearwater, FL.

Since I had to seal-up the nuc hive the night before, I was worried that they would be in
a very bad mood. Well, just the opposite. They were filled with absolute glee.

The 'nuc' was actually a pretty large, established colony I cut-out from a tree this past October. In fact, all the darker bars contained
established comb from the original nuc.

Here's a video, followed by several photos (The customer is standing by the hive in one of the photos - not me):

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow...Thanks for sharing:}

Do you happen to know what type of comb guise she used for her top bars?

Again thanks!
You're welcome.

Well, for the nuc bars I placed in there, they already had established comb from a cut-out I did.

But as far as the empty bars that I built for the new hive, I placed a piece of corner molding on each bar:

See them on the upper left in the following photo?

Here are some other photos before I painted it:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just a question out of curiosity: What's with the floating black bars at the top and bottom of your video? I've seen that on a few other videos, but never knew what caused it.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just a question out of curiosity: What's with the floating black bars at the top and bottom of your video? I've seen that on a few other videos, but never knew what caused it.
When you publish a video on YouTube, sometimes the site will ask if you want to fix the shaky camera work. So I agreed this time, and the floating black bars are the result of the stabilization they implement.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts