Well only time will tell, but I made a split a couple days ago and it seems to going good. I had a really strong hive that was building drone comb between boxes and starting build queen cells vertically on the bottom of some frames. The hive consisted of a deep and two medium supers. I took the two supers off the top and placed on a screened bottom board and then placed a deep on top of the original deep and turned the hives facing one another about two foot apart. While the original hive body has the most foragers coming to it,the newhive has a respectable number of foragers carrying in pollen and nectar. I do not know which part had the queen in it, but i hope the queenless hive will raise a new quenn because it had all stages of eggs, uncapped brood and capped brood. I' keeping my fingers crossed and in about 17-20 days i will do an inspection. Wish me well.