·
Registered
5,985 Posts
Thanks for sharing; nice rigs.
For sure - very nice ergo.

·
Registered
5,985 Posts
Greg, I appreciate you chiming-in to compliment this somewhat weird and overkill creation, lol....:)
That creation is a case of classic "out of the box thinking" in some ways - I am always FOR.
:)

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
I just loved the first few seconds - the little guy there in the background wearing an over-sized bee-hat/veil - brilliant !

I particularly liked the style of roof you're using: looks like a neat technique. Anything special about the paint you're using, or how you've sealed the plywood edges ?

I'm with Greg on this - good to see people trying something a little different. :)

A nice job ...
LJ

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just loved the first few seconds - the little guy there in the background wearing an over-sized bee-hat/veil - brilliant !

I particularly liked the style of roof you're using: looks like a neat technique. Anything special about the paint you're using, or how you've sealed the plywood edges ?

I'm with Greg on this - good to see people trying something a little different. :)

A nice job ...
LJ
LOL, that was the customer's son. I didn't mean to ignore his question while I was filming, but I'm just brutal like that sometimes. lolol.

And thanks so much for the compliment on the hives, particularly the roofs.

So yes, I have to bend half-inch plywood over the frame using cinder blocks. I then screw it down evenly on all sides.

As far as painting it, I have to tape off the cedar frame (in this case) and then add a coat of Killz Primer. Then I'll add two (possibly three) coats of latex exterior.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts