Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started clearing debris at my in-laws' house yesterday in Marianna, FL. Not two minutes into surveying the damage and forming my plan of attack, noticed a decent cluster of a bees on a fallen cedar. I'm assuming they were displaced by the property being essentially flattened, though I never did come across the original hive. Anyhow, got em in a nuc so hopefully I can get them through winter! Given how the whole county looks, I gotta imagine there's a lot of potential hazards like that for unsuspecting people out there working. My inlaws, one of them very allergic, would have never noticed those bees. image1-2.jpg

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I'm wondering what the numbers will be for lost hives. I've seen some preliminary numbers for registered hives in the Panhandle, but I suspect that includes numbers all the way to Perdido Key.

I hope you find more.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm wondering what the numbers will be for lost hives. I've seen some preliminary numbers for registered hives in the Panhandle, but I suspect that includes numbers all the way to Perdido Key.

I hope you find more.
I'm curious too. I keep mine in Cottondale and by some miracle didn't lose a single one (I think they were sheltered just right from that north wind), though I know there were a LOT of others in the area that weren't so lucky.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts