Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to bees Olympia WA- Anyone ever observed hummingbirds thinking about entering hives? We have relatively mild winters as a rule and one species of hummingbird stay year round-Anna's hummingbirds. This past week was a major atmospheric river with even higher than usual rains, winds and very mild mid 50's temperatures. Yesterday was dry, calm, warm and full sun and lots of bee activity [yeah!] Two Anna's hummingbirds were observed sitting ever so patiently on the TBH stands trying it seemed to see if they could fit into an entry hole [no way to fit]. The bees were having none of that and eventually they left. This was a first for me, but then again so are many things. Common?

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
I see it every year. Always attempting to get into the entrances. Don't know how successful they are. Never noticed any real damage and I have never noticed my bees ever seeming to pay attention to them.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see it every year. Always attempting to get into the entrances. Don't know how successful they are. Never noticed any real damage and I have never noticed my bees ever seeming to pay attention to them.
Thanks. Learn something new every day.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts