Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
eep, i just realized i used the "post" three times in my subject. As you can see, I'm not much of a writer but I try my hardest! :)

·
Registered
285 Posts
Yeah, Meg, I thought that was going to be a great hoot, but the entries stopped real quick. Maybe no one knew about it? Are there no beekeepers? Was it listed anywhere in beesource?

I listed it here in Australia and got a few entries, but where are all the Americans?

You're doing OK, your running third! Good work!

That's me with the old truck.

Beekeepers are all characters. There are not many ordinary ones!

Maybe this sort of thing will catch on. I can't see why the world wouldn't be delighted to see more of it.

Cheers,

JohnS

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello John,

Thanks for your response. I think the muted response to it could have a lot to do with the lack of photographs and news-like information. Truthfully, all of my blogger/writer friends tell me that you can never really tell when something you write will get a lot of attention or not. Sometimes something you put a lot of your heart into gets no attention and then something you throw together willy-nilly gets a dog-piled by news sites and other blogs. You can never really tell. I'm appreciative, in any case.

Thanks for forwarding the link! :)

-Meg

·
Registered
285 Posts
I have just now searched beesource and found the thread where you announced the cutie contest, Meg. I have also now read your “Beekeeping for a Quiet Mind.” I will check out your blog and URL soon.

Don't worry too much about the native pollinators. Most of them have disappeared anyway. Next on the list will be mankind, if he is silly enough to let all his beekeepers go. We have to save ourselves and the bee is our friend and support, so when push comes to shove, we have to get a bit selfish. If mankind goes, all the other species can go wild and replenish the earth anyway. We are the ones in peril at the moment. We have already replenished the earth with us, ad nauseum.

I was impressed with the ‘Quiet Mind’ story Huffington featured. You said, "I have finally found my people," “I do not think of myself for a full 15 minutes,” “Beekeeping is my medicine” and last but not least, “creatures who unknowingly save me from myself.”

WOW! All these are very significant statements!

I was delighted when I found a link to Huffington (who I knew nothing about) via TOPIX, and immediately alerted the Aussies (maybe indirectly the doyenne, Gretchen Wheen!) and the Kiwi (he’s a character!). I liked the remarks of Omie, as it highlights how we all see the contest through different eyes. But I wish there had been a hundred entries, and that it ran for 6 months. I would like to see more of our ‘Family.’ The site was pretty slow at times, so I hope it was because the beekeepers stirred up too much interest!

We have to promote ourselves, or we will be ignored and swept under the carpet yet again: "step child of agriculture" as the wet blanket called us. It’s probably good that I didn’t see the first thread as I would have wanted to comment on nearly every posting!
Is the contest finished? They called you, Meg, the winner. Did they mean, “A Winner,”
I still can’t determine if the entries are closed or not. Maybe when you are communicating with Huffington, Meg, you can oil them up for a bigger and better attempt at such a thing, but do insist on it being international, not just local.

It is great fun for the young at heart. It’s too bad not everyone gets to enjoy it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts