Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name's Warren Mortensen and I live in Ham Lake, MN, about 20 miles out from downtown Minneapolis. No bees yet but I have a hive built, a swarm trap and look forward to probably buying my first package next spring if I don't luck out this year.

Anyone in this neck of the woods have any opinion on how the local weather has been affecting honey bee activity? To my mind it's been awfully cool this year so far and unseasonably wet. Just wondering what other Minnesotans, Wisconsinites, etc. have to say about this.:D

·
Premium Member
2,494 Posts
My name's Warren Mortensen and I live in Ham Lake, MN, about 20 miles out from downtown Minneapolis. No bees yet but I have a hive built, a swarm trap and look forward to probably buying my first package next spring if I don't luck out this year.

Anyone in this neck of the woods have any opinion on how the local weather has been affecting honey bee activity? To my mind it's been awfully cool this year so far and unseasonably wet. Just wondering what other Minnesotans, Wisconsinites, etc. have to say about this.:D
Welcome, bees in the spring sound good; and here in upstate NY, western Catskills, weather sounds like yours...

·
Registered
699 Posts
Howdy Warren , im from International Falls,Mn.
Yes it"s been very wet but flowers are everywhere here...I'm working in ND and have made some nucs here with the help from a local commercial break to overwinter so I don't have to buy packages in the spring.
I wish you luck, and have fun on bee source...

==Mcbee7==

1 - 8 of 8 Posts