Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey, everybody!

My name is Michael. I have been considering beekeeping for a couple of years now, and got one of the Dadant starter kits for Christmas with a certificate for bees in April. I'm very excited, and doing all the reading I can to be a good steward of the bees when I get them.

I've been raising silkworms since 2001, so a lot of the entomology part is second nature. I'm particularly interested in meeting up with some local folks that will let me shadow them a little, if anybody's willing in the southern part of Dallas area!

My website for the silkworms: www.wormspit.com

·
Registered
359 Posts
Now I understand the "wormspit" handle.....good one. Welcome to the forum. Lots of great info here and lots of good folks willing to help out. I'm a ways from you, I keep bees out near Lubbock. But, there are several beeks on this forum who are in your area. The archives are loaded with useful info. Use the search link for any questions you have and you'll find tons of reading material.

Hey Hambone...you should hook up with this guy, take him hog hunting and talk bees.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
welcome, read, read, read. Enjoy the new adventure

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
I'm particularly interested in meeting up with some local folks that will let me shadow them a little, if anybody's willing in the southern part of Dallas area!
Hello and Welcome!

I'm sure you'll find this forum to be an informative source of info about bees and beekeeping. Be sure to check out the subforum "How to Start Beekeeping" - it provides some good suggestions and ideas on the basics.

I also recommend getting involved with a local club. Clubs are great places for finding mentors and getting connected with local beeks, plus they often offer beginning beekeeping classes and assistence for new beekeepers:
http://www.texasbeekeepers.org/clubs/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts