Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all,

I'm brand-spankin' new to beekeeping and will be picking up my first hive (fully established colony) this Saturday. I've wanted to get into this for years, and this is my Christmas present from my wife. Unfortunately, when the order was placed the apiary forgot to sign me up for a class, so it'll be a few weeks before I get training. I've been reading some books, websites, YouTube, etc. and my equipment (veil, hive tool, smoker) should arrive tomorrow. I also plan on joining with the local beekeeping club at their next meeting.

Wish me luck!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Best of luck to you, what a nice wife and great Christmas present. Have fun with your bees, I look forward to hearing about your adventures. Welcome to beesource!

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
you will do fine. many- many years ago before the internet I got bees and hives from the sears catalog, i got a book from sears also. sears knew enough to send the hives a few weeks ahead of the bees. next summer I was selling bulk comb honey. no mentor, no lessons, no bee club, I did not know there was a bee magazine. I did not know a bee keeper. just learn as much as you can. we all have a lot more to learn, maybe there is too much bad information on the internet proceed with a bit of caution.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts