Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

I'm excited to be here. My husband and I got our first 3 hives this March. So far we are loving it. I'm thrilled to have found a fine group of people to talk bees with. Thanks for having me!

·
Registered
739 Posts
Welcome!! I too was really excited to find this group, several months before I got my bees. And I still am excited about the forum. Lots and lots of good info and advice. My advice is.................. get more boxes and frames :) It was pretty funny my first year, my packages did real well, and I discovered I did not have any supers yet, and needed them ASAP. Then a few years later I split 2 hives, and discovered I need a few extra deeps, so I could switch out deep boxes and clean up some that were on the hives. Oh, and stick with one company for your boxes and frames, they all make them a little different. I don't know if anyone gave me that advice, and I didn't follow it, but I've learned the hard way. I'll probably just use the one companies boxes for swarm traps, as a LOT of the wood has warped.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Welcome to Beesource OldMotherHubbard (love the screen handle)...

Bees are certainly a beguiling thing- before you know it you will be hooked.

Best of success to you in your efforts and I look forward to reading your contributions on here.

Russ

1 - 3 of 3 Posts