Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
All of them?
Is there a different purpose for each style or just to prove style does not matter?

Very dark bee.

Window in the shed struck me as a little odd. Screened vents to keep the bees off the window? What do they do in the corners?

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Every single design is bee AND human ergonomic and compatible to 300mm frame - of potentially different depths (just bringing this to the attention so it is clear).
But in particular, I refer to the 300x300 vertical minis which I am excited about (hence posted here).

The horizontals - his queen breeding business.
The verticals - his small-scale honey business (in the conditions of low volume local flows - not a very good location for honey).
I hope this makes sense.

The dark bee - he breeds/sells the Carpathians.

The shed - this is not a shed, this is an api-therapy cabin.
He just pointed how his "api" bees winter in the cabin, and how the cabin is ventilated so the moisture escapes (not to damage the nice woodwork).

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Those look to be just like a Warre except the box height. I judge the comb to be about 80mm x 260mm. Do you know the actual frame size?

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
End of the winter revision.
Shows well how the minis are compatible to standard Dadants (this is how the pictured minis where originally populated - from the Dadants).
The video author is planning to convert from the Dadants to the minis - he says.
English captions are available - hence I hanged it up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyejvXbd_zw

1 - 7 of 7 Posts