Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan to remove a honey super tomorrow shortly after noon on one of my hives and maybe insert an escape board on my other hive tomorrow to remove a honey-bound top box a day later. Weather forecast indicates 15 to 25 mph during the day, but should be reasonably sunny and a high of around 88 to 90. Anyone know if the slightly elevated wind conditions poses a problem ?

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
That's fine. It's seems to be almost always windy here. I checked 4 hives after work today and it was blowing a steady 20 and I had no problems. I typically work from the left side of the hive, pull a frame and turn to the north to create a wind break. But if I'm pulling supers I don't care how windy it is, I just get it done.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
It's almost never too windy to pull supers. Consider that some use a leaf blower to remove bees from supers and you'll understand what I mean.

Wayne

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Hammy...I will remove that super tomorrow on my first hive and insert the escape board at the same time on my other hive and remove the box from it on Sunday

1 - 5 of 5 Posts